Two Stratford residents are recovering from burns after an incident at a home in the north-central Iowa town. The Hamilton County Sheriff’s Office received a 911 call that 43-year-old David Alan Lundberg was attempting to leave a residence and had allegedly been drinking.
Deputies were dispatched. While they were enroute, the caller advised that Lundberg had poured gasoline all around himself and the garage. Twenty-year-old Dakota Buse was attempting to stop Lundberg from lighting the gasoline but it did ignite.
Lundberg and Buse were both burned. Buse was first transported to Van Diest Medical Center in Webster City and later airlifted to the University of Iowa Burn Unit in Iowa City for treatment. Buse’s condition is not know. Lundberg was treated and released from Van Diest Medical Center. He was then transported to the Hamilton County Jail in Webster City.
Lundberg is facing charges of attempted murder, willful injury, domestic abuse assault and reckless use of fire.
(Reporting by Pat Powers, KQWC, Webster City)