A meth lab started a fire that sent a Waterloo man to the hospital Tuesday. Waterloo Police said this morning that the fire at an apartment building was caused by a portable methamphetamine lab that caught fire. Two people were in the second-floor apartment where the fire started.
Fifty-one-year-old Andy Archambault was taken to a Waterloo hospital and later air-lifted to University of Iowa Hospitals in Iowa City. His condition is unknown. Archambault’s wife, Andrea, was not injured. The building holds 12 apartments, but none of the other units were damaged. Police say the incident remains under investigation.