Two Sioux City residents preparing food for their business ended with major damage to their home from a fire.
The cause of the fire was an unattended outdoor propane cooker, which ignited nearby combustibles and spread to the house.
The occupants of the home run a food cart business and were roasting corn in that cooker when they left it unattended for a short period of time.
Authorities say the two occupants sustained minor burns trying to extinguish the fire. A firefighter also received a minor injury. All three were treated at the scene and not hospitalized. The fire caused substantial damage to the structure and it was red tagged by the city as unsafe.
(Story by Woody Gottburg, KSCJ, Sioux City/Photo by George Lindblade)