Tonight’s the night for Iowans who’re hoping to cash in on the many prizesbeing offered for the first baby born in the year 2000. The new yeararrives in 266 days, or 40 weeks, so couples who want a new baby to arriveJanuary first need to get busy. Dr. Don Young, a Des Moines fertilityspecialist, says this is the night for wanna-be moms and dads to give it awhirl, but the woman must be ovulating today.Dr. Young says some people are going the opposite direction by -avoiding-getting pregnant this week due concerns about possible problems at hospitalsdue to the Y-2-K computer bug.But Dr. Young says he’s not worried about Y-2-K interfering as all of those gadgets aren’t REALLY needed for what’s a very natural process.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- A 6% pay raise still means Iowa judges will earn less than judges in surrounding states
- Sound and video updates planned for Iowa State sports venues
- State universities requesting room and board increases to handle higher costs
- House bill calls for reviewing citations with all nursing home staff
- Help is available if you can’t resist betting during March Madness