Two more Iowa counties were approved today for federal disaster assistance.Montgomery and Scott county were added to the federal disaster list makingthem eligible for federal assistance to help recover from the May storms andflooding. Fifteen of Iowa’s 99 counties are now on the federal list.Residents in any of the declared counties can get individual assistance forhome repairs or grants to pay for temporary housing and other disasterrelated expenses. Businesses in those counties are also eligible for federallow interest loans to pay for costs not covered by insurance. If you live inthe affected counties you can apply for federal aid by calling the FederalEmergency Management Agency at 1-800-462-9029.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Sound and video updates planned for Iowa State sports venues
- State universities requesting room and board increases to handle higher costs
- House bill calls for reviewing citations with all nursing home staff
- Help is available if you can’t resist betting during March Madness
- ‘Lost winter’ wraps up with Iowa’s 2nd warmest February on record