The Iowa Student Loan Liquidity Corporation says Iowans living indesignated disaster areas who have student loans can delay payments on theloans. Loan Service Manager Jeanine Cloyd-Voelker says you can get anthree-month extension by simply calling and asking. She says you may be ableto get an extension longer when the innitial three months runs out.Cloyd-Voelker says anyone still paying on a loan through the corporation iseligible.To request a loan extension you can call 1-800-243-7552. Fifteen Iowacounties have been declared federal disaster areas due to May’s storms andfloods.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- ARL of Iowa rescues 24 cats from ‘deplorable’ conditions
- Deadline nears to nominate Iowans of character for awards
- Supreme Court rules in favor of Iowa Legislators in lawsuit involving voting laws
- Dry February keeps most of state in drought conditions
- This is the Iowa Day of Kindness, so be Iowa Nice!