The John Deere Insurance Group is being purchased by Sentry Insurance ofStevens Point, Wisconsin. Deere financial services president Michael Oar says the company needed tomerge with Sentry to remain competative. J-D-I has about 700 employeesnationwide with about 300 of those in the Quad Cities. Sentry says itexpects to keep the major offices of J-D-I in their sames locations. Deeresays it will endorse Sentry’s products to Deere dealers and customers. J-D-Iwas formed in 1969.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- ARL of Iowa rescues 24 cats from ‘deplorable’ conditions
- Deadline nears to nominate Iowans of character for awards
- Supreme Court rules in favor of Iowa Legislators in lawsuit involving voting laws
- Dry February keeps most of state in drought conditions
- This is the Iowa Day of Kindness, so be Iowa Nice!