Iowa Congressman Leonard Boswell says the U-S House can’t afford to waituntil next month to pass a farm relief package. Boswell, a Democrat, saysfarmers need help before loan and rent payments come due in SeptemberBoswell is calling on the Speaker of the House to delay the August breakuntil a farm package is passed. Boswell says the Republicans’ seven-billiondollar farm aid package isn’t enough.Boswell says the 10-point-seven-billion dollar bill proposed by Iowa senatorTom Harkin, and rejected by the Senate, would’ve been a better package. Boswell, who’s a farmer from Davis City, says getting the aid processrolling is vital. Congress is scheduled to leave Washington Saturday and not return untilafter Labor Day.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Senate votes to end gender balance rule for boards, commission
- Educational tour on stopping scammers to visit several Iowa cities
- Iowa Senate passes religious freedom bill on 31-16 vote
- Supreme Court considers Sioux City case involving the right to call a lawyer
- Webster City man facing animal neglect charges