Iowa House Speaker Brent Siegrist has asked the Iowa Department ofTransportation to investigate after he saw a confederate symbol flying alongan Interstate 80 construction site. Siegrist saw a confederate battle flag flying from a construction machineworking on the interstate. Siegrist, a republican from Council Bluffs, sayssome people might not think it’s a big deal, but it might offend others.He says it’s not the kind of thing that sheds a good light on Iowa.Siegrist says the director of the D-O-T is looking into the confederate flagand may have already had it taken down.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk