Several east coast senators are threatening to block today’s expected voteon legislation that contains billions of dollars in emergency farm relief.Iowa Senator Tom Harkin says the easterners are threatening a filibusterbecause they’re unhappy with provisions for dairy farmers.Harkin says the bill -does- have the votes to pass, but the threatenedfilibuster of long floor speeches could delay the vote.Senator Harkin says the package provides about eight-point-seven billiondollars in relief to farmers.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- With deer season underway, Iowa hunters are urged to secure their shotguns
- Register’s ‘Iowa Poll’ shows Trump lead growing
- Feenstras’ Sioux Center event for presidential hopefuls focuses on faith
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package