With an experienced team back from last season, the Drake Bulldogs hope topost the school’s first winning basketball season since 1986. The top sevenscorers return from last season’s 10-17 team as Kurt Kanaskie enters hisfourth year at the helm.Kanaskie feels this team has a lot of potential. He says it could be anexciting time if the hard work continues, they stay away from injuries andget a few breaks during the season.Kanaskie says the goal of the players is to have a winning season. He saysit’s a realistic goal taht won’t happen easily.Senior guard Matt Woodley says the players would like to go beyond a winningseason. Woodley says the newcomers will help improve the depth on the team,something that until this season had been lacking.Woodley says he wants to leave the Drake program an attractive place toplay college basketball. Drake opens the season at home November 19thagainst Iowa State.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Sound and video updates planned for Iowa State sports venues
- State universities requesting room and board increases to handle higher costs
- House bill calls for reviewing citations with all nursing home staff
- Help is available if you can’t resist betting during March Madness
- ‘Lost winter’ wraps up with Iowa’s 2nd warmest February on record