Vice President Al Gore met with women who are union members today in Waterloo to discuss health care policy. Deb Dyer works at the Lutheran Home in Cedar Falls and is a member of the United Food and Commercial Workers Union. She told him that many of the workers can’t afford insurance.Gore promised to pursue a litany of programs, including high-quality child care.Gore is meeting with Iowans at a forum in Iowa City this afternoon, then goes to Davenport for an evening event.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- House bill calls for reviewing citations with all nursing home staff
- Help is available if you can’t resist betting during March Madness
- ‘Lost winter’ wraps up with Iowa’s 2nd warmest February on record
- Sewing Days planned as work resumes on large-scale Sioux City art project
- Bill to crack down on SWATTING calls awaits governor’s signature