Looking for a final gift? The state’s top doc has a suggestion. State Epidemiologist Patricia Quinlisk says a carbon monoxide detector is the perfect gift to ensure a friend or loved one’s safety. Quinlisk says a carbon monoxide detector is an important safety device for the home — and the office. Quinlisk says she’s seen chronic cases of carbon monoxide poisoning caused by people who warm their cars up every winter morning. Symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning include headaches and upset stomachs, so many people never get treated as they believe it’s the flu or they ate something bad. That’s dangerous, according to Quinlisk, because carbon monoxide poisoning can cause permanent brain damage. Carbon monoxide detectors cost between 25 to 50 bucks.
You are here: / / IA health official: C-O detectors make great gifts