These birds are feathered, but they’re not friends. Crows continue to cause trouble by the flock as they dive-bomb Davenport. City workers killed crows a few weeks ago, tied them to boards & put them up around city hall to scare away live crows that were making a mess. Now they’ve migrated so thick north of downtown, tree limbs are breaking under their weight & the pests are pooping on cars & people. Davenport Mayor Phil Yerrington says the crow problem isn’t really solved, it’s just been moved.Davenport adopted the dead-crow-in-the-tree trick from Cedar Rapids, where it had supposedly worked for years to scare away the birds.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Mississippi River bridge at Lansing could remain closed for months
- Thousands of dollars missing in apparent hack of Dyersville city email
- House Democrats back state directed retirement savings accounts
- Hinson says temporary federal spending plan likely by Friday deadlie
- Sen. Grassley to question Sec. Vilsack on passage of Farm Bill