A different type of deer hunting season is now underway in Iowa. Hunters are scouring Iowa’s woods looking for the antlers that male deer shed every year. A.J. Winter of Adel is an avid hunter of deer “sheds.”His interest in hunting deer led him to also hunt their antlers. He says he finds lots of antlers as he scouts for deer to later hunt.Winter says you never know where a deer might loose its antlers, and that’s the exciting part.What do you with the antlers once you find them? Winter says he keeps them all over his house.Winter says hunting for deer antlers used to be a lonely proposition, but he says he’s seen more and more people out hunting the last few years.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Humboldt Middle School teacher charged with sexual exploitation of a student
- Lawmaker launches converation about cutting Iowa casino taxes
- Author of the Bass Reeves trilogy to appear in Iowa tonight
- Historic West Liberty building moving today
- Opening day to submit nominating papers for Iowa’s 2024 Primary Ballot