Iowans who are interested in the call of the wild won’t be barking up the wrong tree if they sign up for a guided tour up north. A motorcoach is being filled to leave from Des Moines that will visit the International Wolf Center in Ely, Minnesota.Trip organizer Heidi Anderson is a naturalist at the Polk County Conservation Board. She says people who are interested in wolves should consider the educational vacation.While there are all sorts of motorcoach tours available to many exotic places, Anderson says this wolf tour sticks out as appealing and unusual.The four-day tour runs September 21-24 but the deadline to sign up is July first. The cost is 325-dollars. Call (515) 323-5300 for more information.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- ‘Religious Freedom’ bill wins final legislative approval, heads to governor
- House votes to restrict DEI programs at Iowa, ISU and UNI
- Warm weather wakes up ticks, so wear insect repellant
- Well-stocked pet disaster relief trailer is now based in central Iowa
- Siouxland Food Bank receives record donation