Water rescue teams from Council Bluffs are continuing a search today for the body of a man who jumped off the Interstate 480 bridge into the Missouri River. Assistant Fire Chief Matt Thomas says a motorist says the man jumped off the bridge around 11 o’clock last night. The motorist saw the man on the bridge and stopped to try and keep him from jumping, but was unsuccessful.Thomas says river conditions are making the search tough.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- A 6% pay raise still means Iowa judges will earn less than judges in surrounding states
- Sound and video updates planned for Iowa State sports venues
- State universities requesting room and board increases to handle higher costs
- House bill calls for reviewing citations with all nursing home staff
- Help is available if you can’t resist betting during March Madness