Nichole DeKlotz of Cedar Rapids has been named the Iowa Games female athlete of the year. The 15-year-old DeKlotz is a sophomore at Cedar Rapids Washington high school and took home a number of medals in swimming.Iowa Games executive director Jim Hallihan says DeKlotz won seven gold medals at the games this past summer.76-year-old Melvin Larsen of Ames was named the male athlete of the year. Larsen won the 100-meter race with a time of 13.9.Larsen also won the 200 and long jump.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Sewing Days planned as work resumes on large-scale Sioux City art project
- Bill to crack down on SWATTING calls awaits governor’s signature
- ‘Religious Freedom’ bill wins final legislative approval, heads to governor
- House votes to restrict DEI programs at Iowa, ISU and UNI
- Warm weather wakes up ticks, so wear insect repellant