State officials are asking for your help in identifying poachers. Steve Dermand coordinates the “Turn In Poachers” or “TIP” program for the Iowa Department of Natural Resources. Dermand says this is the time of the year when more poaching occurs and you can help by reporting anything suspicious.Dermand says you should not confront someone you think is poaching. He says you should instead collect all the information you can.Dermand says the department operates a 24-hour-a-day hotline to report poachers at 800-532-2020.Dermand says poaching includes any illegal taking of wildlife.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Treehouse Village attraction to open soon at Iowa Arboretum
- Iowa Senate votes to end gender balance rule for boards, commission
- Educational tour on stopping scammers to visit several Iowa cities
- Iowa Senate passes religious freedom bill on 31-16 vote
- Supreme Court considers Sioux City case involving the right to call a lawyer