State Health officials dedicated a walking trail around the State Capitol Building Tuesday. State Department of Public Health fitness consultant Tim Lane says obesity has reached epidemic proportions.Lane says it’s estimated Iowa’s sedentary lifestyle costs the state and consumers one billion dollars in increased medical bills. He says most Iowans don’t realize exercise can cure as much as any medicine.Lieutenant Governor Sally Pederson joined Lane for the first hike around the trail.Pederson encourages Iowa businesses to develop trails for their employees.The trail around the State Capitol has a map and markers to help out those looking to take a hike.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Historic West Liberty building moving today
- Opening day to submit nominating papers for Iowa’s 2024 Primary Ballot
- Record highs possible today in the 70s, with wind chills tomorrow night below zero
- Farmers are concerned about dry soil headed into planting season
- DNR confirms dead gray wolf found near Davenport