A University of Northern Iowa student from Waterloo has been arrested for allegedly beating up a male cheerleader last month. U-N-I’s Public Safety Department say Deshamus Sallis attacked a cheerleader who was practicing in the U-N-I wrestling room on campus. Sallis is charged with after aggravated assault. University officials say Sallis will also face discipline under the school’s student conduct code.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- A 6% pay raise still means Iowa judges will earn less than judges in surrounding states
- Sound and video updates planned for Iowa State sports venues
- State universities requesting room and board increases to handle higher costs
- House bill calls for reviewing citations with all nursing home staff
- Help is available if you can’t resist betting during March Madness