The Iowa State Patrol begins a special weekend enforcement program today on Iowa’s roadways. Sergeant Robert Hansen says it’s part of “Operation C.A.R.E” or Combined Accident Reduction Effort.There’ll be an additional 84 troopers out looking for traffic violators and drunk drivers. Hansen says they’re looking to send a message to drivers the weekend before Christmas travel begins.Hansen says you can show your support by participating today in “National Lights on for Life Day.”You’re encouraged to turn your headlights on all day today in recognition of all of the people who’ve been injured or killed in drunk driving accidents. Hansen says this will be the final big “C.A.R.E” operation of the year.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Treehouse Village attraction to open soon at Iowa Arboretum
- Iowa Senate votes to end gender balance rule for boards, commission
- Educational tour on stopping scammers to visit several Iowa cities
- Iowa Senate passes religious freedom bill on 31-16 vote
- Supreme Court considers Sioux City case involving the right to call a lawyer