The state’s top doc says you should get a flu shot. Dr. Patricia Quinlisk says there’s no shortage of flu vaccine now, as there was in the fall.Quinlisk just got her flu shot a couple of days ago. Until mid-December, the flu vaccine shortage forced Iowa’s health care community to reserve the shots for very old and very young Iowans, very sick Iowans and pregnant women.Quinlisk has confirmed two strains of the flu have been reported in Iowa, and a third strain has been confirmed in a neighboring state.Quinlisk says if you don’t get vaccinated, you run the risk of getting the flu three times.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Public weighs in on AEA changes during hearing at Iowa Capitol
- Author of memoir about being a foster care parent to speak in Iowa tonight
- Teen dies in Howard County farm accident
- Pitch for tax break for making movies, TV shows in Iowa
- Teamsters protest at Iowa Capitol over bill on union certification