Security was called in yesterday after opponents of large-scale hog lots got in a shouting match with the leader of Senate Republicans. Senate Republican Leader Stewart Iverson of Dows says members of “Iowa Citizens for Community Improvement” tossed a few expletives his way. Iverson says they went through the exact same thing a few years ago. Iverson says they accused him of killing family farms. Iverson admitted he flew off the handle, and apologized for his role.Louis Fallesen of Gillmore City was one of the folks who met with Iverson. Fallesen says they pinned Iverson down on key points and Iverson doesn’t like to be pinned down on issues.Fallesen says Iverson was a hot head who got mad when he was shown to be wrong.The verbal tussle happened in the balcony of the Iowa Senate.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- A 6% pay raise still means Iowa judges will earn less than judges in surrounding states
- Sound and video updates planned for Iowa State sports venues
- State universities requesting room and board increases to handle higher costs
- House bill calls for reviewing citations with all nursing home staff
- Help is available if you can’t resist betting during March Madness