State officials have denied a construction permit for an egg-laying operation in northern Iowa’s Wright County.The state D-N-R denied the permit to Country Fresh Eggs because one of the proposed plant’s chief backers, Jack DeCoster, was declared an habitual environmental violator by the state last year.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- ARL of Iowa rescues 24 cats from ‘deplorable’ conditions
- Deadline nears to nominate Iowans of character for awards
- Supreme Court rules in favor of Iowa Legislators in lawsuit involving voting laws
- Dry February keeps most of state in drought conditions
- This is the Iowa Day of Kindness, so be Iowa Nice!