A northeast Iowa community and one of its leading employers have filed lawsuits against each other.The City of Postville is suing Agri Processors for outstanding fines, penalties and other payments owed to the city that total nearly one-point-nine million dollars. The company is suing the city claiming it violated open meetings laws in talking about plans to sell city sewage treatment lagoons. A judge is expected to hear the open meetings case February 16th.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- DeSantis hits 99th county, Trump rallies with crowd in two Iowa cities
- Creighton economist finds recession signs in Mid-America region
- Iowa’s animal shelters are running out of space to keep dogs and cats
- Iowa’s congressional delegation votes to expel Santos
- Iowa Supreme Court rules notes left at home with rainbow flag were a hate crime