An eastern Iowa man may think twice before he again cruises around with his windows rolled down.A wild turkey flew into the driver’s side window of Chris Johnson’s pickup truck as he drove along Interstate-380 Sunday in Linn County. The bird hit Johnson in the head. Johnson, of Urbana, swerved and ended up in the ditch. Johnson had head and chest injuries and a passenger, his two-year-old son, was also hurt.
- Meandering male moose seen in Sioux County
- Repairs made to northwest Iowa lake’s carp barrier
- Nunn criticizes fellow Republicans blocking votes on budget bills
- New book guides locals and visitors alike to ‘secret’ Iowa attractions
- Congresswoman Hinson says Farm Bill won’t be impacted if government shuts down
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
UNI receives grant to turn old photos into interactive exhibit
UNI receives grant to turn old photos into interactive exhibit - Radio Iowa
An archival photography project at the University of Northern Iowa has landed a federal grant to help its users ...
Home test - Radio Iowa
Unhealthy air detected in parts of the state from Canadian wildfire smoke
Unhealthy air detected in parts of the state from Canadian wildfire smoke - Radio Iowa
The wildfire smoke from Canada is back over Iowa once again. Brian Hutchins at the DNR Air Quality Bureau says ...
Banks in Sioux, Lyon County the target of check cashing fraud
Banks in Sioux, Lyon County the target of check cashing fraud - Radio Iowa
The Sioux and Lyon County Sheriff Departments are working with local police trying to identify individuals involved ...