A rural Waterloo woman was arrested today and charged with 56 counts of animal neglect. Donna May Jacobson of Raymond, which is near Waterloo, allegedly failed to keep her kennel up to the standards set in an earlier sentencing agreement. A local vet inspected her kennel on March 26th AND today, and found her animals were not being properly cared for. Fifty-eight dogs and one cat were taken to the Cedar Bend Humane Society in Waterloo today. Authorities say there was no food or water in the pens for many of the animals. The NEW charges against Jacobson are similar to those filed in November of last year. She’s being held in the Black Hawk County jail.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk