The I-N-S searched six locations in the Clarion area, looking for people who got into the U-S illegally — and they found dozens.Alonzo Martinez, the assistant I-N-S district director in charge of investigations, says they placed 91 illegal aliens under arrest. They’re all at Camp Dodge in Johnston, being questioned. Martinez says the I-N-S had been investigating the cases for a little over a year.Martinez says most of the illegals were working in egg processing facilities in the Clarion area. Martinez says many of the workers had their families living with them. Some may be able to stay if they have a close relative in the country legally.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Senate votes to end gender balance rule for boards, commission
- Educational tour on stopping scammers to visit several Iowa cities
- Iowa Senate passes religious freedom bill on 31-16 vote
- Supreme Court considers Sioux City case involving the right to call a lawyer
- Webster City man facing animal neglect charges