A mid-week sting in Cedar Falls may cost a couple businesses their liquor license. Local cops and state officials conducted a sweep through five businesses in Cedar Falls on Wednesday. A bar called “Sharkey’s Fun House” and a pizza joint called “The Other Place” could get fines or have their liquor license yanked because under-age kids were found inside with alcohol. In addition, kids had fake I-Ds and were running credit tabs at the bar. Wednesday’s sweep in Cedar Falls was a follow-up to “compliance checks” done in early April.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- House bill calls for reviewing citations with all nursing home staff
- Help is available if you can’t resist betting during March Madness
- ‘Lost winter’ wraps up with Iowa’s 2nd warmest February on record
- Sewing Days planned as work resumes on large-scale Sioux City art project
- Bill to crack down on SWATTING calls awaits governor’s signature