Governor Tom Vilsack says he’s disappointed but not surprised Republicans shot down the redistricting plan drawn up by a non-partisan agency. The Senate yesterday rejected the plan which remapped Iowa’s legislative and Congressional districts. Vilsack says the plan seemed fair to him. Vilsack says he is deeply concerned that the second plan will be rejected as well.Republicans say the first redistricting plan was unacceptable. They said the population varied too much between districts. Democrats say the population varied less than one percent, and would hold up in court. If republican legislators and the democrat Governor can’t agree on a plan, the courts will write it.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk