A north central Iowa woman has been banned from owning animals for two years. Thirty-one-year-old Roxanne Dreesman and her live-in boyfriend, John Mace, were charged with livestock neglect January 1st after their landlord found dead horses and goats on the Butler County property. Dreesman received a 90-day suspended sentence, was fined 385 dollars and will not be able to own livestock for two years. Dreesman and Mace has since moved to Grundy County. Mace faces a pre-trial hearing on the same issue May 15th.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk