A former Linn County Sheriff who was arrested in February for domestic assault has filed a lawsuit against the city of Hiawatha and the two police officers who arrested him.Fifty-six-year-old Orly Workman claims he was arrested without probable cause that he’d committed the crime. The case stems from a relationship with a Russian women he met over the Internet. When the relationship failed, Workman tried to have the woman sent back to Russia, and she had him arrested on domestic assault charges. Workman spent the night in the county jail but no charges were ever filed.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- House bill calls for reviewing citations with all nursing home staff
- Help is available if you can’t resist betting during March Madness
- ‘Lost winter’ wraps up with Iowa’s 2nd warmest February on record
- Sewing Days planned as work resumes on large-scale Sioux City art project
- Bill to crack down on SWATTING calls awaits governor’s signature