The sixth annual Marathon to Marathon is set for June 9th in northwest Iowa. The 26-point-two-mile course begins in Storm Lake and finishes in the town of Marathon. Spokeswoman Lois Lind says the event is attracting runners from across the country.Lind says because it is a certified marathon it serves as a qualifier for the Boston Marathon and the course has a lot to do with that.Lind says there are events for the recreational runner as well including a marathon relay and 5k fun run.Lind says those who want to run may register right up until race time.Lind says they hear from a lot a runners who want to take part in a marathon in every state.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Senate passes religious freedom bill on 31-16 vote
- Supreme Court considers Sioux City case involving the right to call a lawyer
- Webster City man facing animal neglect charges
- Iowan leading board of national council that promotes composting
- Report: Cancer cases are rising in Iowa while cancer deaths fall