A fire that broke out early this morning in eastern Iowa’s Delaware County could have been more serious than it was.Fire a little before 6 a.m. was reported at a lumber company in Sand Springs. Hopkinton firefighters were called out, after sparks from a welding torch apparently started a blaze in some oil near a hydraulic machine. The damage was contained to insulation in the building, and damaged a wall and part of a roof. It took the firefighters about an hour to bring it under control.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- House bill calls for reviewing citations with all nursing home staff
- Help is available if you can’t resist betting during March Madness
- ‘Lost winter’ wraps up with Iowa’s 2nd warmest February on record
- Sewing Days planned as work resumes on large-scale Sioux City art project
- Bill to crack down on SWATTING calls awaits governor’s signature