A fire that broke out early this morning in eastern Iowa’s Delaware County could have been more serious than it was.Fire a little before 6 a.m. was reported at a lumber company in Sand Springs. Hopkinton firefighters were called out, after sparks from a welding torch apparently started a blaze in some oil near a hydraulic machine. The damage was contained to insulation in the building, and damaged a wall and part of a roof. It took the firefighters about an hour to bring it under control.
You are here: / / Quick action saves business from fire