Flooding was the topic of discussion in Davenport Monday. City officials are discussing how to decrease the amount of damage if the Mississippi River floods again. The discussions include elevating riverfront homes, buying out riverfront property and a removable floodwall. The city’s community development director says there may be state and federal funding available to help. Building a floodwall could cost up to six million dollars.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- DeSantis hits 99th county, Trump rallies with crowd in two Iowa cities
- Creighton economist finds recession signs in Mid-America region
- Iowa’s animal shelters are running out of space to keep dogs and cats
- Iowa’s congressional delegation votes to expel Santos
- Iowa Supreme Court rules notes left at home with rainbow flag were a hate crime