Iowa’s democrat Senator is giving President Bush poor marks for his handling of issues on his first overseas trip to Europe. European leaders have criticized Bush on a number of fronts, and Senator Tom Harkin says some of the criticism is warranted. Harkin says Bush has a “go it alone policy” on missile defense that’s snubbed our allies.Bush’s questioning of the theory of global warming has sparked heated rhetoric from Europeans, and Harkin says it’s justified. Harkin says 30 years ago you could’ve questioned the global warming theory, but he says today it is irrefutable. Harkin says Bush needs to realize he’s not Governor of Texas anymore, he’s a world leader. Harkin, though, says Bush’s European trip is not over yet, and there’s a chance for him to recover a bit.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court rules notes left at home with rainbow flag were a hate crime
- Grassley says little interest in Senate GOP for ObamaCare repeal
- Ethanol industry leader calls Ramaswamy ‘a hypocrite’
- Haley features endorser in tele-town hall with Iowans
- New challenge to law banning books that describe sex acts from Iowa schools