Southwest Iowa voters filled two vacant legislative seats on Tuesday.Republican State Representative Hubert Houser of Carson won the open state Senate seat over democrat John O’Brien of Atlantic. Houser’s state House seat will be filled by Mills County Supervisor Gerald Jones, a republican from Silver City, who defeated democrat Chuck Larsen of Hamburg. That Senate seat was recently vacated by Darryl McLaren of Farragut, who resigned as a lawmaker to take a position with the federal agriculture department. The new legislators will report for duty when the special session convenes next week.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk