New Congressional maps approved by Iowa legislators in Tuesday’s special session could mean change-ups for all of the state’s Representatives in Washington. Congressman Tom Latham says he will -not- move to remain the Fifth District representative, but will stay in Franklin County. He says the map that was approved cut the district in half and he will stay in the new fourth district. Latham said he “loves” Sioux City and has been honored to represent the northwestern Iowa city, but he won’t move there from north central Iowa. He calls it a family decision after living in Alexander all his life. He has a daughter living in Clear Lake and one in Des Moines.Latham will remain the Fifth District Representative until January 2003.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Creighton economist finds recession signs in Mid-America region
- Iowa’s animal shelters are running out of space to keep dogs and cats
- Iowa’s congressional delegation votes to expel Santos
- Iowa Supreme Court rules notes left at home with rainbow flag were a hate crime
- Grassley says little interest in Senate GOP for ObamaCare repeal