The Iowa Cubs are ranked third in the Pacific Coast League in attendance with an average of just under six thousand fans per game. Assistant General Manager Jim Nahas says they are happy with the turnstile count to this point especially considering the foul weather during the first month-and-a-half of the season that rained out three games and rain on portions of others.Des Moines is the smallest of the 16 markets in the Pacific Coast League and Nahas says it takes a coordinated effort between ticket sales and promotions to help draw fans.Nahas says the team also has tried to market the team outside of the Des Moines area. He says they need to stretch out 100 miles or more to keep the attendance up.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Senate passes religious freedom bill on 31-16 vote
- Supreme Court considers Sioux City case involving the right to call a lawyer
- Webster City man facing animal neglect charges
- Iowan leading board of national council that promotes composting
- Report: Cancer cases are rising in Iowa while cancer deaths fall