The city of Postville has reached agreement with Agri-Processors over the building of a new wastewater facility. The new mechanical treatment plant will better be able to meet strict new D.N.R. rules. Both sides will drop lawsuits over who should pay for a new treatment facility. Agri-Processors and another company, Iowa Turkey products, will share the facility for now, and the old one will be purchased by the turkey processor once the new one is done. The city will build the new water treatment plant and pay about two-and-a-half million of its cost. Agri-Processors will pay the remaining million dollars.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- ARL of Iowa rescues 24 cats from ‘deplorable’ conditions
- Deadline nears to nominate Iowans of character for awards
- Supreme Court rules in favor of Iowa Legislators in lawsuit involving voting laws
- Dry February keeps most of state in drought conditions
- This is the Iowa Day of Kindness, so be Iowa Nice!