Residents of the Black Hawk County town of Gilbertville may have to pay a toll to cross a bridge near town. The 43-year-old bridge is slated for construction this year and that would’ve required closing the bridge for about 18 months. Resident asked the Black Hawk County Board of Supervisors to keep part of the bridge open during construction. One supervisor suggests charging a toll to collect the 700-thousand dollar cost of keeping the bridge open during repairs.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- DeSantis hits 99th county, Trump rallies with crowd in two Iowa cities
- Creighton economist finds recession signs in Mid-America region
- Iowa’s animal shelters are running out of space to keep dogs and cats
- Iowa’s congressional delegation votes to expel Santos
- Iowa Supreme Court rules notes left at home with rainbow flag were a hate crime