More details may be released today on the dragging death of an Illinois State trooper. Officers haven’t given many details about the incident in Rock Island, Illinois, but prosecutors may give more when a suspect appears in court for a preliminary hearing. 20-year-old Johnathon Posey faces two charges of first-degree murder. He is accused of speeding away from a roadside safety checkpoint, dragging Talbot for four blocks. Officials say Talbot was hit by a pursuing Rock Island officer as he fell to the pavement from Posey’s car.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Record highs possible today in the 70s, with wind chills tomorrow night below zero
- Farmers are concerned about dry soil headed into planting season
- DNR confirms dead gray wolf found near Davenport
- ARL of Iowa rescues 24 cats from ‘deplorable’ conditions
- Deadline nears to nominate Iowans of character for awards