Class 2A quarterfinal round of the state baseball tournament wrapped up Wednesday evening in Marshalltown.Sixth ranked Emmetsburg pounded out 14-hits in a 16-3 victory over Jesup. Third baseman Mike Wentzel had three hits for Emmetsburg, including a tie breaking two run double in the fifth that opened the floodgates. Wentzel says hitting has been their strength all year.Emmetsburg will take a 28-2 record into Friday’s 2A semifinals. The loss ended an unlikely postseason run for Jesup. The J-Hawks finished the regular season 11-18 and closes the year with a mark of 15-19.The Class 1A quarterfinals wrapped up in Carroll.Defending State Champion Granville-Spalding downed Central Decatur 4-1.Granville Spalding is now 33-5, while Central Decatur finishes its season at 20-8.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- UI receives approval for work at Children’s Hospital, Memorial Union
- Iowa Senate votes to require E-Verify check for job applicants
- State archery tournament is on target this weekend
- House bill sets up licensing for armed staff in Iowa schools
- Initiative expands to help Iowa seniors stay in their homes longer