A Peruvian immigrant is pleading guilty to wire fraud and possession of a counterfeit green card. 39-year-old Carmen Rey Kimball pleaded guilty in a federal courtroom in Davenport to bilking her ex-husband, 75-year-old Walter Kimball, out of 75-thousand dollars. Carmen Rey Kimball will be deported after serving 15 months, in exchange for pleading guilty. Other charges were dropped. Walter Kimball of Bettendorf says he hired the woman two years ago as a housekeeper, not knowing she was an illegal immigrant.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Haley calls Alabama debate a scrum, CNN to host Iowa debate in January
- Canadian National buying Iowa Northern Railway
- Report finds farmland holding value in face of economic issues
- Late Hollywood legend Norman Lear touted ‘I come from Des Moines’ (AUDIO)
- Check the labels before hanging holiday lights to avoid a fire