The Clive woman who lost both legs after a car crash in April is getting a new smile today.18-year-old Lindsay Thomas is scheduled for an appointment in Iowa City to have a bridge fitted that’ll replace all of the teeth she lost in the April wreck along I-35. She was pinned inside her car five days until a D-O-T worker found her at the bottom of a flooded culvert. Thomas leaves Tuesday for New York and an appearance on an M-T-V talk show. It’s the latest of her many recent bits on national T-V since both of her legs were amputated below the knee. After weeks of intense physical therapy, doctors say Thomas’ recovery has surpassed all expectations. She’s now able to walk on prosthetic legs without a walker.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Senate passes religious freedom bill on 31-16 vote
- Supreme Court considers Sioux City case involving the right to call a lawyer
- Webster City man facing animal neglect charges
- Iowan leading board of national council that promotes composting
- Report: Cancer cases are rising in Iowa while cancer deaths fall