Some 34-hundred Sioux City residents lost power for a time Monday as electric circuits became overloaded. MidAmerican spokesman Mark Reinders says there is enough energy if everyone will take steps to use the electricity wisely.MidAmerican and other utilities are asking Iowans not to use appliances like clothes dryers and electric ovens that heat up their homes while the air conditioners are running. MidAmerican Energy has issued a “Peak Alert” for Iowa today, meaning power usage will push toward its peak. Reinders says keeping an eye on the thermostat will also help. The forecast is calling for temperatures in the 90s again today across Iowa.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Grassley: Congress needs to stop ‘playing chicken’ with government funding
- Dubuque wins millions in federal money for flood protection system updgrade
- Iowa continues to see lack of dentists who will take Medicaid patients
- Contest to choose state’s best breaded pork tenderloin down to 5 establishments
- Cedar Rapids Schools closed after online threat