A Scott County jury has found a truck driver guilty of killing an elderly woman and a fetus in a traffic accident. 40-year-old Allen Ray Reed had been charged with vehicular homicide, non-consensual termination of a pregnancy, and serious injury by motor vehicle. Reed’s semi rear-ended a minivan on I-80 near Walcott last December 26, knocking the van into the ditch. Reed then fled to Texas before returning to Iowa six weeks later. Reed will be sentenced next month.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Ramaswamy calls on Iowa’s governor, GOP rivals to take a stand on carbon pipelines
- Warmer weather is on the way
- Lawsuit challenges Iowa law on sexually-graphic books, discussions of sexual orientation in K-6 classes
- Iowa players honored by B1G
- Iowa’s DeJean and Taylor are finalists for national awards