The Governors of Iowa and Nebraska are pressing for a private meeting this weekend with California’s Governor to talk about ethanol. The National Governor’s Association is meeting in Rhode Island, and the Midwestern Governors want to convince California Governor Gray Davis it’s a bad idea to ship in ethanol from Brazil for west coast commuters. Tade Sullivan of the Iowa Corn Growers Association says it’s a ridiculous idea to import ethanol from a foreign country.Sullivan hopes California consumers can be convinced ethanol’s good for the environment, as studies show most Californians who’ve changed electric providers have done so to support so-called “green” projects like wind energy or power plants that burn garbage.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk