A massive clean up effort is underway in Sioux City to cut up and haul away the thousands of downed tree limbs from last week’s storm. City Manager Craig Whitehead says it will take several days to pick it all up.They’re starting on the north and west side of town as they were the hardest hit. Whitehead says they have several crews on the job.Whitehead says they’re urging residents to get the tree limbs out in front of their homes where crews can get at them.A strong storm blew through Sioux City last Thursday, causing all the damage. Governor Vilsack declared all of Woodbury County a disaster area.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Senate passes religious freedom bill on 31-16 vote
- Supreme Court considers Sioux City case involving the right to call a lawyer
- Webster City man facing animal neglect charges
- Iowan leading board of national council that promotes composting
- Report: Cancer cases are rising in Iowa while cancer deaths fall